Is voter fraud a big problem in the US. This is what the Brennan Center says:
Indeed, evidence from the microscopically scrutinized 2004 gubernatorial election in Washington State actually reveals just the opposite: though voter fraud does happen, it happens approximately 0.0009% of the time. The similarly closely-analyzed 2004 election in Ohio revealed a voter fraud rate of 0.00004%. National Weather Service data shows that Americans are struck and killed by lightning about as often.
In Florida to get a Voter ID card , you must:
- Be a Citizen of the United States of America (a lawful permanent resident is not a U.S. citizen);
- Be a Florida resident;
- Be 18 years old (you may pre-register to vote if you are 16 years old, but you cannot vote until you are 18 years old).
- Not now be adjudicated mentally incapacitated with respect to voting in Florida or any other state without having the right to vote restored;
- Not have been convicted of a felony without your civil rights having been restored; and
- Provide your current and valid Florida driver’s license number or Florida identification card number. If you do not have a Florida driver’s license number or a Florida identification card number then you must provide the last four digits of your Social Security Number. If you do not have any of these items, you must write “none” in the box or field.
Since the Florida drivers license has more rigours requirements, it could also have a box on the driver's to certify a person meets Florida voter ID requirements.
It is possible the Voter ID requirement verification could be consolidated into Florida DMV. At present in Florida, drivers licenses requirements are as follows:
You can apply for voter registration while doing your driver license business! A driver licenses examiner will ask you if you would like to apply for voter registration, change your address or party affiliation and provide you with an application of registration or changes at the time you receive your license. Your voter registration application is then forwarded to your local county supervisor of elections office. Your official registration card will be mailed later from your local supervisor of elections office.
Do Florida residents need two IDs: one for their driver's licence and one for voting?
Rightardia doesn't think so. It is also possible this proposal could save tax dollars.
Publisher: Brookings Institution Press
Publisher's Description PageISBN: 978-0815701392
Subscribe to the Rightardia feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/UFPYA
Rightardia by Rightard Whitey of Rightardia is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at email@example.com.