- Start with a small aquarium about 40 to 75 gallons
- A stand with door is recommended so you put away food and other supplies
- You will need a filter
- A protein skimmer
- A light: different types of light are needed for reef tanks so if you set up a reef tank, you will need a halogen with supplemental fluorescent lights. If you are not setting up a reef tank, fluorescent lighting will be fine.
- Power strip
- Wave maker pump that recirculates water in the tank
- power strip with timer to turn aquarium lights on and off
- algae remover: an internal or external pump with a UV lamp. As the pump recirculates the tanks water, the UV lamp kills the algae.
Subscribe to the Rightardia feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/UFPYA
Rightardia by Rightard Whitey of Rightardia is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at email@example.com.