Saturday, April 21, 2012

How to get a VA doctor to sign a DBQ

The first option: 

You should talk to your primary care VA doctor first. They will fill out the DBQ or forward it to one of your specialists.

The second option: 

For VA exams, a VA clinician will fill out the DBQ. If being seen by a private provider, have them complete the DBQ and submit it to us either by Regional Office Fax Numbers or mail.

Rightardia does not recommend you use a C&P clinicians for DBQs. Many are not medical doctors.  Others have developed cynical attitudes toward veterans. 

The third option:

Write a letter requesting the DBQ from the primary care doctor or specialist and attach the relevant DBQ. Carry the documents to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) office and ask them to scan the documents for transmittal to the appropriate doctor. 

Here is a sample letter

Dr. ____________,  MD

his address 

your address
4/19/2012 (date) 
xxx-xx-xxxx (file number)

Dear Dr. ___________,

I would greatly appreciate it if you would complete the attached DBQ. If you have any questions about the DBQ, see the VA FAQ at

You should also be able to download and complete these two forms on the VAMC Intranet. You can type into the DBQ which is in PDF format.

Appreciate any assistance you can provide. Please route the completed DBQs to my service representative, _____________, ____ .


1. DBQ

Subscribe to the Rightardia feed:

Creative Commons License

Rightardia by Rightard Whitey of Rightardia is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at

No comments: