UA-9726592-1

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Huffington Post: Tim Profitt, Rand Paul Supporter, Admits To Confronting Woman At Debate

A volunteer with Rand Paul's Senate campaign has admitted to placing his shoe firmly on the face of a MoveOn.org volunteer outside a Senate debate on Monday night, but insisted that the camera angle of the footage that captured the altercation made the scuffle look worse than it was.

Rightardia got a video of the incident from the HillBilly Report. The assault looked quite serious and Lauren Valle had to be hospitalised. See http://www.hillbillyreport.org/diary/2176/rand-paul-supporters-at-work-do-they-like-to-pick-on-little-girls-or-little-women

Tim Profitt apologized for the incident. He also criticised the police for not stepping in to calm down the crowd. He argued that other Paul supporters had previously warned authorities about the MoveOn activist, Lauren Valle. As far as Rightardia could tell, Valle was simply exercising her First Amendment rights.

According to Valle, Rand Paul's car arrived they (Paul supporters) identified me and my partner, Alex, who was with me. They surrounded me. There was five of them. They motioned to each other and got behind me. My partner Alex heard them say

'We are here to do crowd control we might have to take someone out.'


Lauren Valle recounted the incident as follows:

When Rand Paul's car arrived a couple of them stepped in front of me so I stepped off the curb to get around them to get back out front. At that point they started grabbing for me and I ran all the way around the car with them in pursuit. 

The footage is after I've run all the way around the car and I'm in front of the car and that is when they took me down. One or two people twisted my arms behind my back and took me down... It was about two-to-three second after that that another person stomped on my head. 

And I lay there for 20 seconds or so and my partner Alex came and got me up and that's the point where there is the media clip of me speaking. 

Valle said that the closest she got to Paul was "about five feet away" and that was only because she was running from the crowd. The Hillbilly Report indicated that Paul was in the car that was chasing Valle around.


Subscribe to the Rightardia feed: feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/IGiu

Netcraft rank: 8665
http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_report?url=http://rightardia.blogspot.com



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As for Rand Paul, birds of a feather usually flock together. Rand Paul should have offered training in non-violent crowd control, but instead surrounded himself with abusive thugs.