UA-9726592-1

Friday, August 27, 2010

Media Matters for America: Beck sees divine influence over his 8-28 rally


Glenn Beck has repeatedly promoted the idea that God is directly involved in his August 28 rally. He has predicted "a miracle" will occur at the event, said that attendees will "see the spirit of God unleashed," and claimed the rally will produce an "awakening."

8-28 attendees will "see the spirit of God unleashed"

At 8-28, "You're going to see the spirit of God unleashed." On the August 26 edition of his radio show, Beck told his audience, "You're going to see the spirit of God unleashed, unlike you have probably ever seen it before, at least at a public function. You are going to see the power of God."

Beck is "only writing a few bullet points" for speech in case "the spirit" wants to talk. On the August 25 edition of his radio show Beck said, "I am only writing a few bullet points" for his 8-28 speech "so that I don't get in the way of the spirit in case he wants to talk."

Rightardia wonders if Beck will start talking in tongues?

Favorable 8-28 weather forecast means "God is smiling". On the August 25 edition of his Fox News show, Beck said, "By the way the weather here in Washington is incredible. And it is supposed to be sunny, pleasant, low humidity. I mean, dare I say it? God is smiling."

"The secret" to 8-28 rally is "God". On the August 26 edition of his Fox News show, Beck said that he's talked about "Saturday's message" for "six months on one of the biggest cable news shows in history and the third largest radio show in America." He continued, "Just between us. Don't tell anyone in the media. The secret is God."

8-28 involves "divine providence"

"Divine providence" led to rally's scheduling on day of MLK speech. On the June 18 edition of his radio show Beck said, "It is the anniversary of the 'I have a dream' speech, from Martin Luther King. And, what an appropriate day. At first we picked that date and we didn't know, and I thought 'oh, geez.' But now, now I almost think it was divine providence."

"Ask [God] for his divine providence" and for "the finger of the Lord to appear." On the July 7 edition of his radio show Beck said, "Washington, D.C. August 28, I ask for your continued prayers. And I... God knows what I'm talking about. Ask him for - ask him for his divine providence and the finger of the lord to appear." He continued, "It is only through divine providence, it is really only through divine providence that this is happening so far."

"I was told to stand where I'm standing." On his August 27 radio show Beck stated: "I'm sorry for the things that I have done that have caused me to be such an imperfect messenger, but I was told to stand where I'm standing. God doesn't promise protection for anything. He doesn't promise me protection for my wealth, for my house, for my body. He doesn't promise anything. He promises me the only thing of value:protection for our souls. But that requires you to do the best that you can. And that's all I'm doing."

8-28 is "the beginning of an awakening"


"We are at the beginning of the awakening." On the August 27 edition of his radio show, Glenn Beck claimed that "we are at the beginning of the awakening. This is a profound moment. This is it. Tomorrow is a step in that. It's not the beginning, it's not the end, its just part of it. You are at the awakening. This is fantastic."

"Pray for the spirit to be in that area unbridled," "this is an awakening." On the August 27 edition of his radio show Beck told a caller "You pray for the spirit to be in that area unbridled. You pray that the people that attend understand that this is a sacred space and that this is an awakening.

That it's not a -- it's not a tea party rally or anything else. You pray for a veil of protection of both body and spirit on that. And if you would, personally, pray if I would have the ears to hear exactly what I'm supposed to say tomorrow and that I just might just be in the place to where I would say those things."

Wow! Talk about mixing the media, church and state. Beck apparently thinks he is the messiah who is about the unleash the Rapture. This should be good tomorrow!

see the rest of the story at http://mediamatters.org/research/201008270031

Subscribe to the Rightardia feed: feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/IGiu

Netcraft rank: 9528
http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_report?url=http://rightardia.blogspot.com

No comments: