UA-9726592-1

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bush Autobiography Out right after the election is over

The former president says he’s not writing a traditional memoir. Bush added, "if I wrote what really happened, I 'd be tarred and feathered and run out of Texas on a rail."
This memoir will provide an rather an account of key decisions in his life. First, when I was a young man, I decided to be gay. Then, one day the Lord whispered to me, George, if you stay gay, you will never be president of the United States.

So then I started drinking and snorting coke. It was a really fun time, but the Lord appeared to me again and said, George if you continue to drink and do coke, you will never be president.

So i went half way with the Lord and stopped doing coke.

Bush goes on to explain he knew he was destined to be president because he was the son of George HW Bush. "I was really upset with my father in the first Gulf War," quipped Bush. I told him if he had taken Baghdad, he would have been reelected. I never forgave Bill Clinton for beating my dad."

Bush explained he wanted to earn his spurs as commander -in-chief so he appointed his father's intelligence cronies as Senior Intelligence Officers (SIO) in the intelligence community.

It's easy to cook up a war when you own the intelligence community, Bush exclaimed, "I was the first president to invade a country without a National Intelligence Estimate to justify it. My SIOs told any intel weenie naysayers that they were soft on Islamo-fascism."

Bush said Saddam Hussein didn't fool him:

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." (Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002)

Bush said his second Iraq War was successful and that the mission was accomplished. Bush suggested that he was perhaps the greatest hero in the free world at that time.
He explained,"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." (Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004)

Bush also said the Democratic Party treated him unfairly: "They misunderestimated me." (Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000)

The Bush book also addresses the many of triumphs of supply side economics.

American labor productivity reached an all time high during my administration and my base,'the have mores' made record incomes and profits.

Bush explained to a divorced mother of three how hard working Americans are:

"You work three jobs? … Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." (Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 4, 2005)

Bush also cited the conservative education record with 'His no child left Behind Act.'

He emphasized "Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning? (Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000)

When the former president was asked what conservative politician is most like him, he said "Sarah Palin. Of course, she is a woman and I am a man, but her ideas are very similar to mine. Her gaffes may even be worse than mine were," laughed bush. "I like her legal ideas:"

"Go back to what our founders and our founding documents meant -- they're quite clear -- that we would create law based on the God of the bible and the Ten Commandments." –-Sarah Palin, arguing that Judeo-Christian belief was the basis for American law and should continue to be used as a guiding force for creating future legislation. (Sarah Palin interview with Bill O'Reilly, May 6, 2010)

According to Crown Publishers, “Decision Points” will offer “gripping, never-before-heard detail” on such historic events as the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks and the 2000 presidential election along with Bush’s decision to quit drinking, his relationship with his family and other personal details.

“Since leaving the Oval Office, President Bush has given virtually no interviews or public speeches about his presidency,” Crown said in a statement. “Instead, he has spent almost every day writing ‘Decision Points,’ a strikingly personal and candid account revealing how and why he made the defining decisions in his consequential presidency and personal life.”

Former Bush speech writer Chris Michel worked with Bush on the book. Laura Bush has her book out May 4.

source: http://www.alan.com/2010/04/25/george-w-bush-autobiography-out-in-november/

Subscribe to the Rightardia feed: feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/IGiu

Netcraft rank: 14896
http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_report?url=http://rightardia.blogspot.com


No comments: